Alright. So, I decided to give in and create one of these things! Maybe it's because I'm tired of filling out job applications, and my feet hurt from the recent retail job...so sitting at the computer sounds really good...but it may also be because I'm a computer junkie!
I moved from Rexburg, Idaho/BYU-IDAHO to Las Vegas in August to do my student teaching. What a culture shock, right? My mom went on the long road trip with me and it was actually really fun. I think my mom and I talked almost the entire way. It was a great bonding experience for us, I think. We drove from Boise to Salt Lake and visited my mom's parents and then stayed with my dad's parents. It's always nice to spend time with them. When we got to Las Vegas, it was very hot and the last thing I wanted to do was move all my stuff up the my new apartment in the middle of the day. My new roommates ended up helping me and Sara automatically offered to show us around the city. My mom was so funny to watch! Prior to going to Vegas, I told her to pick out a show she wanted to go see together. She said "don't worry about it..." so, I didn't. When we drove passed all of the signs of who was at which casino, she was like a little girl at a candy store! We ended up buying tickets to see "Mama Mia" and it was great. My mom was in a trance the entire time. :) My old roommate Melissa and her husband David took us out to an authentic Italian resturant and it was great to see her again.
I got to Vegas, then flew to Seattle to meet Victor's mother. She flew from Guatemala to Seattle where Victor's brother, wife, and little twin girls live because the girls were turning 1! Right when I went into the house in Seattle, Victor's mom brought me up jewelry and a jewelry box. How sweet!! I had a great time there and loved spending time with Victor and his family. One thing that I have learned since I met Victor was how wonderful other cultures and people are! I truly love the latin culture and how warm and welcoming they are to absolute strangers.


I went back to Vegas and taught special education at Hal Smith Elementary and then 7 weeks later I was a 3rd grade teacher. I absolutely loved the kids that I worked with and have a special place for them in my heart. It helped me decide that maybe I do want to teach more than I thought I did. I still have the dream to be a Speech Language Pathologist someday. But, loans will have to be paid off first and other decisions. Right now I am living with my parents and Deidre again and it's been great! I am working at JcPenney's right now as a temporary/seasonal associate. It's fun and crazy and busy! But, it's money. I'm still on the job hunt for teaching positions or anything I can get my hands on in a school district.

Yolanda,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Blogging world! I feel so honored to be the first to leave a comment. You rock. Love your guts (and your butt).
Panchita
Andrea,
ReplyDeleteIts good to hear how you are doing and what you have been up to! Hope you have a good christmas!
Cute blog and yay on being all done, doesn't it feel great!? Yep I'm working on being a stay at home mom and doing a little subbing here and there. Good luck on the job hunt and have a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYou are the best! I miss you! Cute blog. Have a very merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteandrea! how is the heck are ya! your such a hottie and am so happy for you. hope vegas is treating you good!
ReplyDeleteCute blog and cute boy!!! If he is smart he will hurry and snag you! You can tell him I said that if you need too!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting a teaching job. We have found is a little harder than you would think!
You look HOT by the way!!
Amanda
PS. check out my blog sometime...mondiers.blogspot.com
I didn't know you and deidre were both living here! Lets get together and play! I miss you
ReplyDelete